Thursday, January 13, 2011

Vaccinations are not fun :(

Kate got her second round of vaccinations today.  We chose to delay vaccinations a bit, by doing only 2 shots per visit.  Today she received her Polio and Pneumococcal vaccines, one in each thigh.  These are awful for both Kate and me, but they are necessary.  I hold her hands, get right down to her face, and tell her I love her the whole time (the process is about 15 seconds!) and then I scoop her up in my arms and hold her tight.  She did pretty good...of course she cried when the nurse gave the shots, but she stopped after a few seconds.
We stopped by to see Papa at work before we headed to Dr. C's.

Kate and I waiting for Dr. Cannizzaro. Today, Jan 13, she is 19 weeks and 2 days..so about 4.5 months.  She weighs 13.3lbs and is 24.5 inches long.  She's still in the 75th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight.  The doctor says Kate is long and lean, she couldn't ask for more!

My bath was so relaxing after those stressful shots!

Now I want to snuggle with Mommy! Look at those Band-Aids. Ouch!

We got home and I gave her a relaxing warm bath and we snuggled for the rest of the afternoon and evening.  She's in bed now...hopefully she'll sleep well tonight!  No fever, no crying...we got lucky tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment