Saturday, July 7, 2012

My girls

Emily is already more than 2 months old, it seems like she was just born and tomorrow she will be 10 weeks old. She's such a chunky monkey and I love all her little rolls.  I'm happy to report we have another happy baby...Em eats so great and sleeps great too.  She has never cried in the middle of the night..she just wakes up, whimpers, eats, and goes back to sleep.  I feel so very blessed to have two healthy and happy girls..life really doesn't get better and I am grateful every day to wake up to these beautiful babies.
Em had her two month check up last week and weighs 11.8 lbs, is 22.5 inches long, and her head circumference is 39.  I caught this awesome smile while we were waiting for Dr. Cannizzaro to come in.
LOVE THEM!!!
Here is a great shot of Kate loving her little sister.
Kate is into all things baby. She loves sucking on a binky, sitting in Em's baby chairs and swings, etc.  We were making tapioca pudding for Gege this morning and Kate just had to sit in Em's chair...so Em got to sit in her bathtub. We improvise when needed :)
Sleepy chunky monkey!

We had a little inside picnic today and watched the Boston Pops fireworks that Daddy DVR'd. Lots of wows and beautifuls from this one, she loved it!
Beautiful baby...I'm so in love with my new baby girl!!  I didn't know I had this much extra room in my heart..but I sure do!

More pics later. 

I've had the last 3 days off from work...Ludim took some time off, so I got to stay home with the kids and look after Gege a little bit since Uncle Jack went to a Barbershop festival in Portland, Or.  
We got to visit with Gege some, but not as much as I would have liked.  I did get to help her with her sheets (which she is very particular and cute about :)) and we had several short visits. Kate gets bored up there, so I brought her video player and that helped. Tonight we went on her porch and did some sparklers and pop its and we all had some ice cream..it didn't last long because of all the darn mosquitoes.  Gege is so small and frail now...nothing like she was just a couple of months ago. I can't believe how rapidly the Cancer has taken over her body.  Despite being exhausted and having no energy, she continues to make little jokes and keep a positive attitude.  She sleeps more in the last couple days than before and it seems there are notable differences with each passing day.  Dad just came up and told me that after dinner Gege stood up and kind of fumbled, caught herself and sat back down.  She cried...but had no tears (she said this is because she isn't eating or drinking enough to have moisture for tears)...she cried and said she wanted the lord to take her.  She is ready and at peace with dying.  I am so emotional once again...Gege has been the kindest most loving woman in my life. She has loved me for 34 years and I can't imagine life without her love, her sweet voice, her smile, her prayers for me every night.  This past year living with Dad has been a blessing. We have bonded so much over breakfast every day and talks on the porch in the afternoon.  I miss all of that so much.  Watching her die slowly to Cancer has been so painful...and she has been so strong and positive thru out.  She said today that you never know what you're going to be dealt...how you will die.  I wish her peace and don't want her to suffer long...she is going to be so missed.  I worry about Dad too...He and Gege are like best friends.  I love them both to the moon and back.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family, we all love each other unconditionally and to no end.  I am blessed beyond words to be a part of it and for me it all starts with Gege.  I love you Gege and I'm going to miss you, you will always be in my heart, always.  I hope I become more like you with time...I will always remember the things you have taught me by the way you live.  You're kind and faithful, loving and forgiving, funny and smart, sweet and innocent, angelic and beautiful.  I love you.

Gege at her 89th birthday celebration.

This was her request and boy was it yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment