Tuesday, March 15, 2011

27 Weeks...we have a crawler!!!

It's been a busy week around here!  We got home from Georgia Monday, back to work/daycare and started solids on Tuesday, 6 month check up with Dr. C on Thursday, sick day for Kate on Friday- fever from the shots, and started crawling on Saturday!  Life is busy and full of love and laughs!

Ok...so Tuesday we decided it was time to introduce Kate to solid food, her 6 month check up was 2 days away and we knew she was ready...so I went to Health Essentials and got some organic avocado, mashed it up/added some milk, and put it in a cute little bowl with a colorful little baby spoon.  Then I put a bib on Kate and put her in her high chair-  and dun-da-dun...spoon fed my baby girl who opened up and ate the avocado and said "yummy, mommy!"  Ok, that's not what happened at all....the first part of my story is true, but then when I put the pretty spoon to her mouth she didn't know what to do...I ended up getting some of it in her mouth finally, she stuck her tongue out and the avocado spilled out, she gagged, and we repeated this until she was sick of it!  It was cute...but a wake up call for me...I hadn't realized this was going to be a learning process!! We've been at it for a week now and it gets better every day, we still have a long ways to go though!  So far she's had avocado, banana, and rice cereal.
Saturday I went to WholeFoods and bought a bunch of organic fruits and veggies for Kate- peas, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, apples, pears, turnips, mango, papaya, blackberries, zucchini, yellow and butternut squash...I went way way overboard, haha.  I guess Chris and I will end up eating a lot of this because surely it won't last long enough for Kate to eat it all.  I ended up pureeing a lot of it Saturday and can't wait for Kate to get the hang of this eating thing and enjoy all the new flavors; her tastebuds are in for a treat :)

yuck. gag.
what are you doing to me?!
i'm a big girl in my highchair.
going to spit this out again. ha ha.
seriously. enough w the pictures mom.
no more food!!!! i'm on strike!
:) banana is messy!
watch out, daddy is coming in for some banana!
butternut squash...hmmm?
let me outta here!!!
haha...this can be fun!



Her 6 month well visit went great!  Dr. C says Kate is very inquisitive and bright, she was looking around at everything, reaching out to touch everything, and talking up a storm.  He even gave her a tongue depressor to keep her "occupied" for a couple minutes.  He said in a couple months when she starts walking that our "honeymoon is over" because "she's not going to stop moving!"  She is now 15 lbs and 26.5 inches long...this equates to 70% in height and 50% in weight compared to other baby girls her age!  She had to get 2 more shots, but she only cried for a minute.  She's a champ!  Of course I took a few picures in the waiting room and also a few when we got home.

nurse is heading in with the shots soon :(
home and kicking up a storm!  can't even get those legs in focus!
now her arms are going a mile a minute!
i couldn't resist this cute booty shot!
i'm standing now too!

IT'S OFFICIAL...KATE is CRAWLING!!  She is moving all around...mostly to follow Boots it seems!  She loves her cat so much.  The second she sees Boots, she gets a huge smile on her face, starts laughing, and lunges for her kittycat!  I wouldn't be surprised if Boots is one of her first words!  She actually crawls to get to toys and crawls to Mommy and Daddy- I'm going to try to load a video here, hope it works!

practice makes perfect!
this is fun...i'm about to be mobile!!
i'm coming for you boots!
mom, read me this book!!
i love you bootsy!
i heart this kitty cat so much!
look at me, i'm on the move!
coming for you boots!
gotcha!
boots loves me too!  kiss.
i crawled under my exersaucer!
now that kate is on the move, she never stops!  it is so amazing to watch her grow and change so quickly. i thank god everyday for her.
she's crawling. she can go from crawling to sitting.  and sitting to crawling.
wonder when she'll start walking...i'm in no rush! haha
we took this video tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment