Monday, March 28, 2011

7 months already!!!

So Kate is 30 weeks old today...she'll technically be 7 months on Thursday and she continues to amaze us every day.  Over the weekend she finally started opening her mouth for food!  It's been 3 weeks of turning her head, gagging, trying to escape the highchair, and spitting out food...all in all a super duper messy 3 weeks!  We have sweet potatoes, peas, pears, green beans, and squash in places all over the house that I will probably never find!!!  This has all been worth it because Kate and I did our morning ritual again on Saturday...highchair, a bowl of sweet potatoe, and some apple/spinach puffs.  I sat down, smiled, and said, "mmmmm, mmmm, breakfast time!" once again expecting the usual...I put the spoon to her tiny closed mouth and WOW, she opened it and swallowed the sweet puree!!  I was ecstatic.  It's so funny the little things that bring the biggest joy to a Mother's heart- I truly experienced an adrenaline rush when she opened her mouth!  haha.  Ok...I realize I sound kinda crazy...but I was worried...I guess she just needed some time to get used to the concept!

Kate is crawling all over the house now and can pull herself up to stand.  She does this all the time, it's so neat how fast she is growing!  I love her big hugs and big sloppy kisses...she's such a cuddle bug.  She loves to be close, cuddle and love.  She is a very sweet baby who loves to be held and cuddled with.  We lvoe giving each other big bear hugs, sometimes she just laughs and laughs, it's the best thing ever. 

We went to Olan Mills today for a photo shoot and on our way home Kate was a little fussy, so I put my hand back to hold her hand...she  moved my hand to her mouth and I felt a little tooth down bottom.  SURPRISE...baby Kate has sprouted 2 little teeth down bottom - that explains the restless last few nights!  It was all I could do to not pull the car over on I4 to check out these little buds!  Haha, awe...can't wait to see what her teeth look like- right now there just 2 little white buds popping out of her gums.

I think that's the lastest in Kates life!

Here are some pics of what we've been up to the past couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment