Friday, September 16, 2011

Dear Kate ~

Dear Kate,

Your 1st birthday just passed and it is hard to imagine where the time has gone.  I remember the night before you were born like it was yesterday. I was so ready to meet you, hold you, and fall in love with you.  I wasn't sleeping good because I had gained 40 lbs and was so big...so I was awake a lot of the night, praying you would be healthy, imagining what you would look like, and trying to imagine all the wonders of Motherhood.  The next evening I met you, you were perfectly healthy, you were more beautiful than I ever imagined and I fell in love with you more than I ever thought possible.  I have fallen in love with you a little more every day since that day.  It was your coos, your cries, your smiles, your laughs, your big blue eyes, your nose, your hair, your tiny hands, your little feet, your perfect belly button, the way you slept, the way you laid on me, your fingers down to your toes- I love everything about you.  You began to crawl when you were 6 months, you would rock back and forth at first and then almost overnight you started cruising all over the house.  You started eating solid food/purees at 6 months too...I think you would have preferred to stick with milk at the time, but it was time for the addition in your diet!  You started walking the day before Fathers Day!  We were over at Papa Kens and you stood up and walked to me.  We were all ecstatic :) Since then you haven't stopped.  You talk, you laugh, you give hugs and you give kisses, you tell "jokes" and you have the most amazing sense of humor.  You're always happy and laughing.  You're independent, yet you love people.  You love animals- jaw droppingly so!  You love books at bedtime.  You love babies and puppets at playtime.  You have always loved water- bath time is your favorite.  You love the pool too and will kick your feet as we pretend you are swimming.  You love to play in the hose.  You love to sit down, put your feet out, put your shoes, and go outside.  The second I say "let's put your shoes on", you sit right down and want your shoes on, it's so cute!  You love to be outside. You love bubbles. You know a brush, brushes your hair, you know q-tips go in your ears.  You know the word, no. You don't love paint...I would love a hand print, but you aren't cooperating!!  You love your Daddy. You love your Mommy.  I can't wait to show you the 1000's of pictures and videos I have taken throughout the year.  I have loved putting you to bed everynight with a book and a bottle.  I have stared at your sleeping body nestled in my arms for countless hours, thanking God for you and realizing I am the luckiest Mommy in the world.  I love your baby breath, there is nothing as sweet as a babies breath.  I have loved waking up in the wee morning hours, bringing you in my bed to cuddle together before we get up to start the day.  You make me smile and laugh daily.  I don't know how I ever lived without you ~ You are my world, my everything.

I love you forever,
Mommy

I'm buying pretty paper tomorrow and hand writing this for you, I think you will love reading my letters one day!  I'm hoping we will read them together in 20 or so years!! :)  Wow, I will be 53...seriously ouch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment